Fairford neighbourhood plan
A neighbourhood plan for Fairford was submitted to the examiner in February 2017. The examiner recommended that the submitted Fairford NDP should not progress to referendum and Cotswold District Council decided to accept this recommendation.
Fairford Town Council has decided to continue developing a Neighbourhood Development Plan and have issued a statement.
The timeline for the plan submission and examination was:
- 20 November 2013: Fairford Town Council parish area was designated as a Neighbourhood Area
- Late 2016: consultation on the re-submitted draft plan
- February 2017: Fairford submitted their Regulation 16 Draft and accompanying documents
- February to April 2017: six week consultation on the plan
- April to September 2017: Independent examination of the plan by Andrew Ashcroft
- 27 September 2017: Independent examination report released