Fairford neighbourhood plan
Consultation on Fairford neighbourhood development plan
Fairford Town Council has prepared a Neighbourhood Development Plan, published below. The Plan sets out a vision for the future of the town and planning policies which will be used to determine planning applications locally.
Hard copies are also available for inspection between 9:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday at the Council offices on Trinity Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1PX.
Copies are also available for inspection at:
Fairford Community Centre
Monday – Friday 10:00 – 13:00
Monday 9:30 – 17:00
Wednesday 9:30 – 17:00
Thursday 9:30 – 19:00
Saturday 9:30 – 13:00
If you would like to request a hard copy, please contact the Council and a hard copy can be sent out by post at cost: £5 for the Neighbourhood Development Plan, £15 for the Plan and all the published supporting evidence.
All comments must be received by 12:00 on Tuesday 13 December 2022.
There are a number of ways to make your comments:
- Download and complete the following form and email it to: email@example.com
- Print and complete the form and post it to: Neighbourhood Planning, Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, GL7 1PX.
- We will accept other comments in writing (including electronic, such as email, provided that a name and address is supplied). We cannot accept anonymous comments. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Neighbourhood Planning, Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, GL7 1PX.
All representations will be publicly available, and identifiable by name and (where applicable) organisation. Please note that your comments, name and address and, if applicable, organisation will be publicly available but your signature, email address and telephone number will be removed. Other personal information provided will be processed by Cotswold District Council in line with Data Protection legislation. To find out how we use your personal data, please view our privacy notice at: https://www.cotswold.gov.uk/support/privacy-and-data/general-information/. Representations may include a request to be notified of the local planning authority’s decision to make the plan under regulation 19.
Following the consultation, all representations received will be sent to an independent examiner, along with the Plan and supporting evidence. The examiner will consider whether the submitted Plan meets the Basic Conditions – the legal requirements that a plan must meet in order to proceed to referendum.
The examiner will prepare a report containing recommendations to be considered by Cotswold District Council. If, on the examiner’s advice, the council determines that the plan meets the 'basic conditions', it will go forward to referendum. If at the referendum more than 50% of people vote to support the plan, we will use it to help decide planning applications in Fairford.
Neighbourhood Plan Regulation 16 draft
Further supporting evidence can be viewed on Fairford Town Council’s website: https://fairfordtowncouncil.gov.uk/town-council/neighbourhood-plan/
An earlier version of the neighbourhood plan for Fairford was submitted to the examiner in February 2017. The examiner recommended that that version of the Fairford NDP should not progress to referendum and Cotswold District Council decided to accept this recommendation.
Fairford Town Council decided to continue developing a Neighbourhood Development Plan and issued a statement.
The timeline for the plan submission and examination was:
- 20 November 2013: Fairford Town Council parish area was designated as a Neighbourhood Area
- Late 2016: consultation on the re-submitted draft plan
- February 2017: Fairford submitted their Regulation 16 Draft and accompanying documents
- February to April 2017: six week consultation on the plan
- April to September 2017: Independent examination of the plan by Andrew Ashcroft
- 27 September 2017: Independent examination report released