Skip to main content

Report flooding

Call 999 if there is a risk to life or a risk of serious property or environmental damage.

Report flooding


Contact details

Burst water main Thames Water Call 0800 316 9800 or text phone 0800 316 9898
Thames Water website
Burst water main Severn Trent Water General enquiries: 0800 7834 444
Severn Trent water website   
Burst water main Bristol Water General enquiries: 0845 702 3797
Bristol Water website
Roads, blocked gullies, gratings and drains Gloucestershire County Council 24 hour number 08000 514514
Gloucestershire County Council
Main rivers Environment Agency General enquiries: 08708 506 506
Incident hotline: 0800 807 060
Environment Agency website
Other watercourses such as streams or ditches land owner or our Land Drainage Team Call 01285 623000


Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA)

Under the Flood and Water Management Act 2010, Gloucestershire County Council is the Lead Local Flood Authority and has responsibilities for:

  • investigating and reporting flooding incidents
  • managing flood risk from surface water, groundwater and ordinary watercourses (i.e. non main rivers)
  • producing a local flood risk management strategy
  • consenting works on ordinary water courses
  • enforcing works to maintain the flow on ordinary water courses

For more information see Gloucestershire County Council website.