Web links policy
Cotswold District Council's website www.cotswold.gov.uk includes links to other websites to help you find other relevant information quickly and easily.
A link to an external website from this website is not an endorsement or approval of that website, or its products and services. We do not accept liability for action you may take as a result of relying on information or advice obtained from such sites.
External links on our website are reviewed regularly. But if you find a broken link or a link to website material you feel is unsuitable please:
- fill in our general enquiry online form.
We do not enter into reciprocal link agreements. We will try to respond to link requests but, due to the number that we receive, we cannot guarantee this, especially where the requested link does not meet the criteria below. In relation to requests for links, the Council's decision will be final.
Criteria we consider when linking to a site
Is the site:
- Relevant to specific content on this site or to the Council as a whole
- Following current usability guidance
- Up to date, authoritative and free from 'under construction' messages
- Free from offensive material, political or religious bias
- Free to access
- A government organisation, public organisation, charity or other publicly known and trusted organisation
- Transparent with respect to its ownership, funding and purposes
- Non-commercial (unless supporting the Council to meet its aims and priorities i.e. sponsorship).
Linking to our website
You do not need permission to link to us though we would like to hear from you if you do. Our homepage address is www.cotswold.gov.uk and should be labelled 'Cotswold District Council'. You may also link to any other page within the site using the appropriate URL.
You may link to us from your site as long as our site appears in its normal form. For example, it does not appear inside your own frameset; with any advertising; or in such a way as to pass off the material as your own.
We welcome links to or from other sites as long as they meet the following criteria:
- Links made to www.cotswold.gov.uk should not suggest any endorsement or partnership by us of your site, its services or its products
- You must not present false information about Cotswold District Council
- You must make sure that your website does not include content which would be taken as distasteful, controversial or offensive.
All organisations funded or partly funded by us must include a link to the council on their website.
Using our logo
Our logo is subject to copyright law and you must ask our permission before using it in any links to this site.
We expressly reserve the right to request that any link in breach of these guidelines be removed and to take whatever other action we think appropriate.
Please also see:
- our Copyright statement.