The best source of advice for businesses, which includes more detail on all national business support schemes, is GOV.UK.
The Chancellor set out a package to support businesses through the disruption caused by COVID-19. The current package includes:
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12 month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grants of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of up to £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need additional finance
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
This is a central Government package but we will administer the business rates and grant funding elements.
Business rate relief
We are working to identify businesses that will qualify for the additional business rate relief announced by Government. We will be contacting eligible businesses to notify you of the relief and revised business rate bills will be issued as fast as possible.
Applying for grants
The process for applying for the grants is still being worked up by the Government and we expect to have more information towards the end of March. We will publish eligibility criteria and details of how to apply as soon as we know more.