Fit to rent - landlord information
Coordinated by the six district and city councils; Fit to Rent aims to encourage good practice in the private rented market in Gloucestershire by giving approval to lettings that meet a management code of practice and property standard.
The Fit to Rent approval application form gives more details about the scheme.
Rewards and benefits
Lettings in the scheme can benefit from the following incentives:
- A badge of quality and professionalism in the Gloucestershire lettings market.
- Property listing on our website
- Use of the Fit to Rent logo on documentation and tenancy agreements.
- Access to the councils’ bond and rent deposit schemes where available.
- Free regular newsletter, advice and information including a free landlords’ handbook.
- Invitation to occasional training events or meetings.
- A range of rewards and benefits from local businesses
- Council tax discount (Cotswold only - conditions apply)
If you would like to find out more or become an approved Fit to Rent Landlord, please contact your local council office listed below.
Cheltenham Borough Council
- Telephone: 01242 264165
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cotswold District Council
- Telephone: 01285 623000
- Email: email@example.com
Forest of Dean District Council
Gloucester City Council
Stroud District Council
- Telephone: 01453 754 478
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tewkesbury Borough Council
- Telephone: 01684 272 234
- Email: email@example.com