We have launched a new service, where you can access your Council Tax account and Business Rates account online, as well as make or view a Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support claim..
All you need to register is an email address and your account number. Your National Insurance number is required for benefit related access.
This is the first step on our journey allowing you to manage your accounts quickly, simply and at your convenience 24hrs a day. We will constantly be developing this service so please check back to see new functionalities in the future.
Online account facilities
OpenPortal allows you to view and complete the following online:
- View and print your bill
- Check your instalments
- Your account balance
- Create or view a Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support claim
- Notify us of a change in circumstances
- Set up a direct debit or change a payment method
- Apply for a discount
- Request a refund
Please note: We will still issue all other notices and legal documents, such as reminders, final notices, and summonses in paper format.
Login and registration
You can access your account online:View your online account
If you are not registered, please register here. Please note once you have registered your details online you will receive an email with your login and password.Register to access your account
Who can register for an online account?
- You can register for an an account if you are named as a liable person or business on the council tax or business rates account. If you are currently moving address, please complete one of the relevant move in forms online before applying for an online account so we can ensure we have set you up at the correct address.
- You can register for access to a benefit claim if you are the main benefit claimant
Forgotten log in details
If you have forgotten your username or password please use the links on your account to reset them. For security reasons we are unable to provide password or username resets over the telephone.
Data Protection Statement
We will only use your personal information gathered for the specific purposes of your application/enquiry/payment. We will not give information about you to anyone else or use information about you for any other purpose, unless the law allows us to. See our privacy information for further details.