rating button
Skip to main content

Coronavirus (COVID-19) For information on changes to our services, how to get help, support your community, advice and grants for employers and businesses visit our Coronavirus pages.

Temporary road closures

Parades and processions

We accept applications for parades and processions e.g. Remembrance Day parades. To apply please fill in a Temporary Road Closure application form including:

  • Information of the parade or procession including the purpose, date and times, and any insurance information
  • A plan of the route, proposed divisions, signage or marshalling where applicable
  • Contact information

Please send your completed application form and accompanying documents to our Legal Services department by:

  • emailing the Legal team 
  • posting it to the Council offices
  • delivering it to the Council offices by hand

We will then: 

  • check your application and contact you if we need any more information
  • send the application to other organisations for information and comment e.g. Parish Council, Police. They may need further information or we may ask you to speak directly with these organisations
  • Please allow a minimum of 8 weeks for the application to be processed.

Temporary road closures for street parties, fairs or events

We no longer deal with temporary road closures for street parties, fairs or events. Please contact Gloucestershire County Council for temporary road closure applications and enquiries:

Road Space Co-ordinator
Gloucestershire County Council Street Works Team
Network and Traffic management
Shire Hall

Related Pages