Review of licences
A person (for example a local resident or business owner) or a responsible authority can apply to review a premises licence or club premises certificate at any time.
A review will let you raise any concerns you have about a premises. Relevant comments should relate to one of the 4 licensing objectives:
- prevention of crime and disorder
- public safety
- prevention of public nuisance
- protection of children from harm
How to apply
To apply for a review, you must complete the form in the document below.
There is no fee for submitting a review application.
You must send a copy to the premises licence holder and the responsible authorities listed in the guidance on the same day you submit the application to us.
What happens next
We will reject any review request if we consider it to be:
- Vexatious - if a representation is made that is considered by the Licensing Authority to have arisen purely to cause annoyance.
- Frivolous -if a representation is made that is considered by the Licensing Authority to clearly lack seriousness.
- Repetitious - if a representation is made that is considered by the Licensing Authority to be identical or substantially similar to:
- A ground for review in an earlier application, which has already been determined.
- Representations considered by the Licensing Authority when the Premises Licence is first granted.
- Representations made when the application for the Licence was first made and were excluded because of the prior issue of a provisional statement. -In addition to the above ground, a reasonable interval has not elapsed since any earlier review or the grant of a Licence.
If we accept your review application, we’ll ask other interested parties and the responsible authorities for more comments about the premises. They will have 28 days to make these additional representations.
We’ll hold a hearing within 20 working days after the representation period ends.