Cotswold Design Code
The Cotswold design code:
- covers all aspects of design within a Cotswold context, including architectural, urban, landscape, ecological and sustainable design
- is relevant to a wide range of developments, from householder extensions and alterations, to conversions, major residential schemes and large-scale commercial proposals.
- It is a material consideration in planning decisions and, set within the context of the Local Plan, carries considerable weight.
Cotswold design code for 2018
The new 2018 Cotswold Design Code forms part of the Local Plan 2011-2031. For more information please see:
- appendix D of the Local Plan 2011-2031
- Policy EN2 - Design of the Built and Natural Environment
- Policy INF7 - Green infrastructure
National planning policy and guidance
The Code encourages high quality and inclusive design that establishes a strong sense of place and responds to local character. It should be used in conjunction with national policy and guidance, including:
These emphasise the importance of good design as a key aspect of sustainable development.