We cut the grass so that people can use roads and pavements safely. Although environmental issues are an important concern, grass cutting is done for highway safety reasons rather than environmental purposes.
We do not cut the grass that is:
- privately owned
- on properties/estates owned by bodies other than the Council
To see verges and other areas that we are responsible for cutting, please:
- view list of grass cut by Cotswold council
- these areas are cut on a timetable which is about every 14 days but if it's too wet we may have problems getting onto the area so have to wait until the grass is dry
If the area is not on the list, it is likely to be the responsibility of:
- either Gloucestershire County Council Highways Department
- or the local parish council.