Your new recycling service
On 18 March we launched the improved waste and recycling service.
You should have received:
- details of the new service and how it will work
- your new collection day
- calendar of ongoing dates
What has changed
Collection days for some residents may have changed, the details and new collection days are in your information pack. Until March 2020 the postcode checker will have your current recycling dates in.
The changes mean that you:
- will have received a new blue bag for cardboard to give you more capacity
- can recycle extra items including textiles and shoes, batteries, cartons and small electrical items
- need to keep food waste separate and put it in your new outdoor food waste bin which is collected weekly
Refuse and recycling are still collected fortnightly. Garden waste is now fortnightly.
You will need two recycling boxes, one for paper and the other for glass. If you do not have the right containers contact us by:
- phone 01285 623123
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch this video to learn about the changes we have made: