Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Examination
Current position on the CIL Examination
6 November 2017 - CIL Participants' statement published for hearing scheduled on 5 December 2017:
CED06 FURTHER STATEMENTS by Representors and Council for CIL Hearing (5 December 2017) in response to Examiner's MIQs [CED04]:
- CED06.1 Fairford Town Council - 015
- CED06.2 Robert Hitchins (Pioneer) - 006
- CED06.3 Bathurst (Savills) - 019
- CED06.4 Cotswold District Council
October 2017 - CED05 Confirmed CIL Participants (Oct 2017)
September 2017 - CIL Hearing Session scheduled for Tue 5 December 2017 - representors should notify the PO by midday on Friday 6 October 2017 if they wish to speak at the hearing session.
Written statements responding to the Examiner's Main Issues and Questions should be submitted by midday on Friday 3 November 2017 in accordance with the advice set out in Appendix A of the Guidance Notes:
July 2017 - The Cotswold CIL Draft Charging Schedule October 2016 ('CIL') has been submitted to an independent examiner to carry out the Examination in conjunction with the Local Plan Examination.
In accordance with section 212 of the Planning Act 2008 (as amended) and the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (as amended), Cotswold District Council has appointed an independent person (“the Examiner”) to carry out an Examination of the Community Infrastructure Levy Draft Charging Schedule October 2016 (CIL001). The appointed Examiner is William Fieldhouse BA (Hons) MA MRTPI. He will consider whether:
- the Council has complied with all legal and procedural requirements in preparing the CIL draft charging schedule;
- the draft charging schedule is supported by appropriate available evidence, including about the actual and expected costs of infrastructure and the economic viability of development across the area;
- the proposed charging rates are informed by, and consistent with, the evidence;
- the evidence shows that the proposed rates would not put at risk the overall development of the area as proposed in the relevant development plan; and
- the draft charging schedule includes an appropriate map.
William Fieldhouse has also been appointed to examine the Cotswold District Local Plan. The Examinations will be carried out in parallel in so far as this is practicable, and all evidence submitted in connection with one examination will be taken into account in the other where relevant. There is a separate Local Plan Examination website www.cotswold.gov.uk/lpexamination.
CIL Programme Officer
The Examination process will be administered by the Programme Officer, Tracey Smith who is independent of the Council and will work under the direction of the Examiner. All communications / enquiries regarding the Examination (including correspondence for the Examiner) should be addressed to the Programme Officer using the following contact details:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 07989 582577
- Web: www.cotswold.gov.uk/cilexamination
- Address for correspondence: Chairman's Room, Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 1PX.
Venue for hearing sessions
Unless otherwise stated, any hearings will be held in the Council Chamber / Committee Rooms, Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 1PX.
CIL Examination timetable
- Submission: 7 July 2017
- Hearings commence: TBC
- Inspector’s report due: TBC
After the hearings have been formally closed, the Examination remains open until the Examiner's Final Report is submitted to the Council. However, no further representations or evidence will be accepted after the hearing sessions unless this has been specifically requested by the Examiner.
CIL Examination library and hearing sessions
Examination library comprises:
- Main Submission Documents - prepared and/or referred to in relation to the CIL.
- Examination documents and correspondence prepared and/or submitted in relation to the examination of the CIL
Hearing sessions (if required) - Hearings timetable and programme, agendas, further statements prepared by participants and associated documents.