Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Examination
Current position on the CIL Examination
The Cotswold CIL Draft Charging Schedule October 2016 ('CIL') has been submitted to an independent examiner to carry out the Examination in conjunction with the Local Plan Examination.
In accordance with section 212 of the Planning Act 2008 (as amended) and the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (as amended), Cotswold District Council has appointed an independent person (“the Examiner”) to carry out an Examination of the Community Infrastructure Levy Draft Charging Schedule October 2016 (CIL001). The appointed Examiner is William Fieldhouse BA (Hons) MA MRTPI. He will consider whether:
- the Council has complied with all legal and procedural requirements in preparing the CIL draft charging schedule;
- the draft charging schedule is supported by appropriate available evidence, including about the actual and expected costs of infrastructure and the economic viability of development across the area;
- the proposed charging rates are informed by, and consistent with, the evidence;
- the evidence shows that the proposed rates would not put at risk the overall development of the area as proposed in the relevant development plan; and
- the draft charging schedule includes an appropriate map.
William Fieldhouse has also been appointed to examine the Cotswold District Local Plan. The Examinations will be carried out in parallel in so far as this is practicable, and all evidence submitted in connection with one examination will be taken into account in the other where relevant. There is a separate Local Plan Examination website www.cotswold.gov.uk/lpexamination.
CIL Programme Officer
The Examination process will be administered by the Programme Officer, Tracey Smith who is independent of the Council and will work under the direction of the Examiner. All communications / enquiries regarding the Examination (including correspondence for the Examiner) should be addressed to the Programme Officer using the following contact details:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 07989 582577
- Web: www.cotswold.gov.uk/cilexamination
- Address for correspondence: Chairman's Room, Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 1PX.
Venue for hearing sessions
Unless otherwise stated, any hearings will be held in the Council Chamber / Committee Rooms, Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 1PX.
CIL Examination timetable
- Submission: 7 July 2017
- Hearings commence: TBC
- Inspector’s report due: TBC
After the hearings have been formally closed, the Examination remains open until the Examiner's Final Report is submitted to the Council. However, no further representations or evidence will be accepted after the hearing sessions unless this has been specifically requested by the Examiner.
CIL Examination library and hearing sessions
Examination library comprises:
- Main Submission Documents - prepared and/or referred to in relation to the CIL.
- Examination documents and correspondence prepared and/or submitted in relation to the examination of the CIL
Hearing sessions (if required) - Hearings timetable and programme, agendas, further statements prepared by participants and associated documents.