Book a building inspection
All types of building regulation applications require a number of inspections by law. These depend on the type of work being carried out.
Arrange a building inspection
To arrange a building inspection:
- Email the Building Control team or
- Call: 01285 623000
You'll need the following details:
- Reference number
- Site address
- Builder's name and telephone number
- The work requiring inspection
- When the work will be ready for inspection
Building inspection date
- If you call or email before 10am on a working day we will offer a same day site inspection
List of building inspections
When you receive your acknowledgement after you've submitted the Building Notice or with the Approval of a Full Plans application we will provide a list of the inspections that we would expect to make.
The building inspections usually include the following:
- Over site
- Miscellaneous –structural steelwork, insulation, etc.
Important information about completion inspection
When the work is complete (excluding decorating and furnishings) you should arrange for a completion inspection. The Certificate should be kept safe as it will be required by your solicitor when you sell your property.