We have a duty to regularly monitor air pollutant levels to assess current and future air quality.
The pollutants of concern are:
- Nitrogen dioxide
- Fine particles
- Carbon monoxide
- Sulphur dioxide
- 1,3 Butadiene
- Polyaromatic hydrocarbons
For more information about these pollutants please see:
The United Kingdom Air Quality Strategy 2007 requires councils to improve areas of poor air quality, reduce any remaining significant risks to health and to achieve the wider objectives of sustainable development about air quality in the UK.
View annual air quality reports to DEFRA
- Air quality report to DEFRA 2015
- Air quality report to DEFRA 2014
- Air quality report to DEFRA 2013
- Air quality report to DEFRA 2012
- Air quality report to DEFRA 2011
- Air quality report to DEFRA 2010
- Air quality report to DEFRA 2009
Air Quality Management Areas (AQMAs)
Areas in Cotswolds District Council which don't meet National Air Quality Standards have been declared Air Quality Management Areas (AQMAs). We have produced Air Quality Action plans for these areas to find out the source of the problem and reduce concentrations of air pollutants to below National Air Quality Standards.
The area in Cotswolds District Council that doesn't meet the objective for Nitrogen Dioxide is: