Important news on free bus travel from Gloucestershire County Council
For further information, visit:
or call 01452 426 265.
For up-to-date timetable information visit:
Cotswold District Council Travel Voucher Scheme for the disabled
You are entitled to Travel Vouchers as long as you live in the Cotswold District area and are disabled.
You can apply regardless of age, if you:
- are blind or partially sighted
- are profoundly or severely deaf
- are without speech
- have a disability, or suffer from an injury which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on your ability to walk
- do not have the use of both arms, or have long term loss of the use of both arms
- have a learning disability, i.e. a state of arrested, or incomplete, development of intelligence and social functioning
- have had your driving license refused or revoked (or it would be refused if you applied) on medical or physical fitness grounds. If you have a licence refused or revoked, the letter of refusal/revocation or other proof will be required.
You will need to complete a Concessionary Fares Application Form (44KB) and send it with the required proof to:
Benefits Section, Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire. GL7 1PX
Or telephone our help line (01285) 623031 if you have any queries.
If you are in categories a, b, c, d, e or f above please supply proof of disability, this can be:
registration with Gloucestershire County Council, (for example, you have a Blue Badge), or
Disability Living Allowance, or Attendance Allowance, or
War Pensioner’s Mobility allowance, or
a letter from a qualified medical examiner (e.g. an optometrist, occupational therapist, physiotherapist), stating that you qualify under one of the medical criteria above.
If you are applying under category g above, then you will need to supply proof that the DVLC has refused you a driving licence on the grounds of medical fitness, or a letter from a qualified medical examiner.
Travel Vouchers are issued annually and you will be contacted before the end of the year.
Travel Vouchers are valued at £0.40 each.
They can be used on Buses, Trains, Taxis and Community Transport in the local area.
It is recommended that you always check with the transport provider before travel to ensure that the vouchers will be accepted.
Important Notice regarding Travel Vouchers and Stagecoach Buses
From April 2007 Stagecoach West has not accepted the Travel Vouchers issued by this Council.
Download related documents
Concessionary Fares Application Form
This document is available for download in the following format(s):