Planning application forms and validation checklists
The Council receives nearly 70% of applications online and we recommend that you make your planning application via the Planning Portal.
Registration is easy and you can complete your application form, upload supporting documents and pay fees online.
The benefits of applying online include:
- Immediate delivery and acknowledgement
- Savings on postage and printing costs
- Online help function when completing applications
- Online record of your completed applications
- Creation of site location plans
1. Householder application for planning permission for works or extension to a dwelling.
2. Householder application for planning permission for works or extension to a dwelling and conservation area consent.
3. Householder application for planning permission for works or extension to a dwelling and listed building consent for alterations, extension or demolition of a listed building.
4. Application for planning permission.
5. Application for outline planning permission with some matters reserved.Outline application details.
6. Application for outline planning permission with all matters reserved.
7. Application for planning permission and conservation area consent.
8. Application for planning permission and listed building consent.
9. Application for planning permission and consent to display an advertisement(s).
10. Conservation area consent for demolition in a conservation area.
|Validation checklist 10|
11. Listed building consent.
|Validation checklist 11|
12. Application for consent to display an advertisement(s).
|Validation checklist 12 |
13. Application for consent to display an advertisement and listed building consent.
|Validation checklist 13||Application|
14. Application for a lawful development certificate for an existing use or operation or activity including those in breach of a planning condition.
|Validation checklist 14|
15. Application for a lawful development certificate for a proposed use or development.
|Validation checklist 15 |
16. Application for prior notification of proposed agricultural or forestry development – proposed building.
|Validation checklist 16|
17. Application for prior notification of proposed agricultural or forestry development – proposed road.
|Validation checklist 17|
18. Application for prior notification of proposed agricultural or forestry development – excavation/waste material.
|Validation checklist 18 |
19. Application for prior notification of proposed agricultural or forestry development – proposed fish tank (cage).
|Validation checklist 19 |
20. Application for prior notification of proposed development in respect of permitted development by telecommunications code systems operators.
|Validation checklist 20 |
21. Application for hedgerow removal notice.
|Validation checklist 21 |
22. Application for prior notification of proposed agricultural or forestry development - proposed demolition.
|Validation checklist 22 |
23. Application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval.
25. Application for removal or variation of a condition following grant of planning permission.
|Validation checklist 25|
27. Application for approval of details reserved by condition.
|Validation checklist 27|
31. Application for tree works: works to trees subject to a preservation order (TPO) and/or notification of proposed works to trees within conservation areas.
|33. Application for a New Planning Permission to replace an Extant Planning Permission, Associated Listed Building and/or Conservation Area Consents in Order to Extend the Time Limit for Implementation.||Validation checklist 33 |
|34. Application for a Non-material Amendment Following a Grant of Planning Permission.||Validation checklist 34|
|Application for the Modification or Discharge of a Planning Obligation||No validation checklist|
no online application process
Application form (DMPO)
Please note that all applications should be completed in conjunction with the accompanying guidance notes and any other relevant documents.
Send completed forms to the address below.
If you do not know which application you want to make then please use the detail links. These are found below each of the brief descriptions in the table above. These links provide more detailed information about each type of application form.
In most cases you will have to pay a fee when you apply for planning permission. Application fees are set by the government and are the same for all councils across the country. Please see the Planning fees page or use the Planning Portal's fee calculator to find out how much to pay.
Application Forms for "paper" applications
Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1PX
Telephone: 01285 623 000