A takeback scheme for hypodermic syringes is operated in conjunction with the following pharmacies in the Cotswold District:
- Alliance, 1 High St, Fairford
- Byers, High St, Moreton-in-Marsh
- Chesterton, 16 Chesterton Lane, Cirencester
- Cotswold Pharmacy, Market Place, Northleach
- Hortons, 7 Market Place, Cirencester
- Lechlade Pharmacy, High St, Lechlade
- Lloyds, 39 Long St, Tetbury
- Stow Pharmacy, Market Square, Stow-on-the-Wold
- The Laurels, 3 Clarkes Hay, South Cerney
These pharmacies give out boxes for the safe disposal of syringes and then take them back.
The Council can also collect used hypodermic syringes free of charge from householders who administer their own medication at home. Please contact the waste management team for more details (see below).
Other clinical non-infectious waste can be double bagged and put out with residents' non-recyclable household waste.
Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1PX
Telephone: 01285 623 123