These notes should help you navigate around our website and find the information you need quickly.
Finding information on this website should be straightforward as we have provided several means of navigating to the information you might need. These methods of navigation are briefly covered below:
We also like to hear comments about this website so that we can make further improvements based on user feedback.
Our homepage acts as a sign post to major features of this website. There are tabs below the image strip that enable you to enter sections of the site that may be most relevant to specific users.
There are also links to the search and A to Z functions on these tabs plus the ability to enter your postcode into our postcode search function to find local services such as doctors, pharmacies schools and much more.
Once past the homepage, each page will have navigation links down the left hand side of the page that allow you to navigate up and down the page structure within that section of the site.
At the top and bottom of every page there are set links to major features of the site such as "Home", "News", "Jobs and careers" and so on.
Once you have entered the site you will see what is known as a breadcrumb trail at the top of each page (below the tabs). This takes the format:
You are here: Home Page / Council and Democracy / Council Services / page name...
This allows you to identify where you are in the site and to navigate back up through the trail should you wish to use this method. The pages listed in the breadcrumb trail before the final page name are all active links that you can click to return to the page indicated.
The search function is often the best place to begin when you are looking for information on our site. The search can be accessed using the search box on the left of each page or by using the "Search and A to Z" tab that appears on every page.
We provide a large amount of information spread across numerous services so it is not always easy to get straight to what you need. We have developed a search and A to Z function that will enable you to find what you are looking for quickly irrespective of whether we provide the service or not.
County Council services and government services can be found through our search using the tabs on the search page once you have performed an initial search.
The A to Z covers our services plus those provided by the County Council. The A to Z can be accessed either directly using the A to Z listing which appears on the left of most pages or using the "Search and A to Z" tab that appears on every page of the site.
Some of the online services on this site include:
- FAQs - An index of frequently asked questions for each council service
- Forms and publications - An index of Council documents available to download and print.
- Have your say - Check on current consultations, send the Council feedback, and find out how to influence the decision-making process.
- Report it - Fill in an online form to report problems such as flytipping and graffiti.
- Pay it - Pay Council bills such as council tax and business rates.
- Online Planning Register - Search, view and comment on current planning applications. You can also search and view decided applications back to 18 March 2004.
- Committee pages - Agendas, reports and minutes for Council meetings.
- RSS Feeds - keep up to date with news, jobs, planning applications and more (feed reader required).
- Email alerts - sign up for alerts ranging from jobs and news to planning applications in your Parish.
A full list of online services can be found using the "Do it online" related link at the foot of this page.
Please use the "Your views on this website" link below to tell us what you think of our new site and report any errors or gaps in content. We want to fix any problems as soon as possible!
Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1PX
Telephone: 01285 623 000