Glos Police Anticipate delays on roads during morning rush hour on Monday 26 November
It’s thought that the main routes in and out of Tewkesbury will see flooding, potentially making them impassable to vehicles, especially on Gander Lane, Ashchurch Road near to the A38 junction and Church Street.
Drivers are also advised that the road between Drybrook and Ross at Hawthorns remains closed due to a landslip.
Motorists are urged to stay safe by reducing their speed, driving carefully and considerately and to not drive into floodwater as you cannot anticipate how deep it is.
Drivers are also being given the following advice:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
You can report any problems on the roads by calling Gloucestershire Highways on 08000 514 514.
Traffic information can be found on the Highways Agency website: http://www.highways.gov.uk/traffic-information/
The emergency services continue to monitor the conditions closely in the coming hours and days, keeping an eye on Environment Agency flood alerts and river levels in the county.
Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1PX
Telephone: 01285 623 169