Please complete the Housing with Care survey
Release date: 11 May 2018
In Gloucestershire, the County Council and NHS Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) are working together to create a housing with care strategy; in partnership with district councils in the county.
The survey is taking place so that local views can be represented in the strategy. Gloucestershire residents are asked what they think of the current housing with care options across the county, and for ideas on how this can be improved for future generations. Whatever your age and circumstances, your input is valuable.
What can you do?
- Fill in the survey www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/housing-with-care
- Give feedback on housing with care that is being provided to a family member or friend
- Expose any gaps in housing with care provision in your area
- Explain how you feel about your own future housing options
- Promote the survey to your colleagues, family and friends
What is housing with care?
It is specifically designed housing with support available around the clock if people need it. This could range from flats in a large complex with 24-hour care staff on site to shared accommodation for people with a learning disability, with support to live independently.
What is the housing with care strategy?
The strategy will give guidance to planning authorities and developers on the need for this type of housing in Gloucestershire. It will also make sure that the plans for housing will help meet Gloucestershire’s health and social care needs in future.
The aim is that housing available will help people to live as independently as possible for as long as possible.
Who can get involved?
You may be:
- A carer looking after a family member or friend who has a disability, and wondering what accommodation will be best for them in future
- Someone of any age wondering what accommodation will be available in the future if you need additional support
- Approaching retirement and thinking about your next steps
- A working age person living with a disability or long term condition
- Living in a Housing Association or council property and unsure if it will meet your changing needs as you get older
Whatever your circumstances, housing with care may be something you want to think about now or in the future.
Contact the team: email@example.com
The survey is open until 4 June 2018