Chesterton application to be considered by CDC Councillors on 26 September - UPDATED
Release date: 20 July 2017 (updated 18, 22 and 26 September 2017)
TO VIEW THE CDC CASE OFFICER REPORT RELATING TO THIS APPLICATION PLEASE GO TO
This will take you to the Planning Applications Register. In the 'search' field enter the reference number 16/00054/OUT and this will take you to the relevant 'Planning Application Summary' page. Click on the 'Documents' tab and you will see the CDC Case Officer report (plus appendices) which are all dated 12 September 2017.
All new information and documents will be added to the Planning Portal and can be accessed via the 'documents' tab referred to above.
Some of the documents added on 22 September include the most recent set of additional representations; a revised conclusion chapter; the viability report and cost plan; an amended summary of the Heads of Terms of the Section 106 legal agreement; a new plan of the gas pipeline, with clearer colours and key; and further consultee/objector comments.
Further documents added since the weekend (23/24 September) include the most recent set of additional representations; further third party comments; and details of public speaking.
Please note that Councillors Mark Harris, Nick Parsons and Lynden Stowe have elected not to take part in the special Council meeting. This is not due to any specific interest, but relates to issues of pre-determination, assumed bias and perception. Full details of the outcomes of all interviews undertaken with Members and relevant Officers will be uploaded on the Planning Portal as soon as possible.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL ONLY BE A LIMITED NUMBER OF HARD COPIES OF THE REPORT AVAILABLE AT THE SPECIAL COUNCIL MEETING ON 26 SEPTEMBER.
The Special Council Meeting to consider the outline application by Bathurst Development Ltd (BDL) for a mixed use development at Chesterton has been scheduled for Tuesday 26 September. This special meeting will begin at 1 pm and, to accommodate as many members of the public as possible, the venue will be the Cirencester Baptist Church, Chesterton Lane, GL7 1YE. Formal notification about the special meeting and arrangements has now been sent out.
Set out below are details of the various practical arrangements relating to the meeting:-
- Public parking will be available at the Baptist Church, at Wickes Superstore further along Chesterton Lane, and at the Council's Trinity Road offices
- Public access will be allowed from 12.15 pm
- Placards, banners etc. will not be allowed to be taken into the meeting
- An Information Note will be provided on every chair in the public seating area giving details of the meeting timetable/’running order’, and the Councillors’ seating plan
- In order to ensure that Councillors are seen to retain their impartiality, members of the public should not engage with, approach or pass notes to Councillors before, during or immediately after the meeting
- Refreshments will be provided at the venue for the public, courtesy of the Baptist Church
The BDL application comprises the erection of up to 2,350 residential dwellings, and provision of employment land, a primary school, a neighbourhood centre, community facilities (including a health care facility), public open space, allotments, and playing fields on land at Chesterton Farm, Cranhams Lane, Cirencester (known as the Chesterton Strategic Site).
NOTE: The ‘Ordinary’ meeting of the Council previously scheduled for 26 September will be moved to another date, and arrangements will be confirmed soon.