Look out for your household enquiry form
Release date: 30 August 2016
Over the next week, every household in the Cotswold District should receive an enquiry form from the Electoral Registration Office. This is the start of the annual canvass which the law says must be carried out every year. The information is used to compile a new register of electors eligible to vote which will be published by 1 December.
Completing the form is very simple. All you have to do is check that the details are accurate and, when appropriate, update it with the details of everyone aged 16 and over living in your household who is eligible to register to vote, and return it as soon as possible. You can reply by internet, Freephone or text.
When you receive your form:
- If there are details already printed on your form, please check and amend them if they are incorrect.
- You must include the forenames, surname, and nationality of every adult who is living in your household.
- You can fill in the form online at www.householdresponse.com/cotswold or you can complete and sign the form then post it in the prepaid envelope provided.
If the details on the form are correct, you must confirm your registration by:
- Internet - www.householdresponse.com/cotswold
- Freephone - 0800 197 9871
- SMS TEXT - 80212
You will need to have your household enquiry form to hand when you use any of these methods.
For more information or for help or advice, contact the electoral registration officer on 01285 623002.