Personal licence

A personal licence authorises a specified person to supply alcohol or allow the supply of alcohol at a premises which has a valid premises licence. 

A designated premises supervisor (DPS) must hold a personal licence. The DPS is the person named on a premises licence who has day to day responsibility for running the premises.

You must apply to the licensing authority in the area in which you live.

How to apply

Before applying, read the guidance notes for details of how to apply, the eligibility criteria, fees and the documentation you will need to provide. This information and the application form can be found in the personal licence application pack.


The fee for a personal licence is £37.

What happens next

Providing there are no unspent relevant offences the licence will be granted.

If there are any unspent relevant offences we must consult with the chief officer of police (COP) for them to determine whether the offence has a detrimental impact on the crime and disorder licensing objective.  If we receive an objection from the COP then the application will need to be considered by the licensing sub-committee.

Cotswold District Council
Trinity Road